Wish you had more time to give back to your community? Studio C brings you a fun opportunity to do just that for two organizations while learning new ideation and prototyping techniques. Bring your open mind and creative thinking to join Kaleidoscope and Design Impact as they host a Studio C Design Thinking Evening Session. Free and open to the public, we are looking for diverse perspectives to contribute to this fun (drinks included) session.
Our local area non-profits face challenges every day. How can I create change in a complex system? What is really holding my community back from success? How can I bring attention to my ideas? How can I move an idea into reality? Yet, they lack resources and knowledge of Design Thinking principles to help solve them.
Studio C Evening Sessions are designed to use community crowd-sourcing (your ideas) to collectively identify and solve the challenges they face every day. Studio C began as a collaboration between United Way of Greater Cincinnati and Design Impact, designed to push innovation on social issues in Cincinnati. The team developed curriculum, activities and workshops to cultivate skills in Design Thinking, social innovation and leadership techniques.
Join us for an evening session to build capacity and creatively solve the social issues faced by this session’s participants:
- The Academy of World Languages is a Cincinnati public school that prepares students for a globally linked society through excellence in world languages, cultural studies and high academic standards. They are working to increase parent engagement and organizational communication to improve student educational and social outcomes.
- The Islamic Center of Greater Cincinnati is a faith-based center for area Muslims as a place of worship, education, social gathering, community service and outreach. They are working to develop a stronger community outreach and services program.
You’ll learn how to:
- Use Design Thinking methodologies in a hands-on workshop to address specific and pressing issues of the participating organizations
- Discover unmet needs and aspirations
- Identify opportunities for innovation
- Frame their ideas in compelling ways
- Build and test new ideas
Seats limited, register today!